Joy Merwin Monteiro
Department of Earth and Climate Science,
IISER Pune, Dr. Homi Bhabha Road,
Pashan, Pune : 411008, INDIA.
We aim to be a curiosity-driven group exploring different aspects of weather and climate. We use a wide range of approaches – theoretical, computational and observational – to study phenomena that we find fascinating. We enjoy working on idealised, abstract questions as well as applied, socially relevant ones.
We are extremely interested in interdisciplinary research, and encourage looking at questions from a broader perspective.
We are currently interested in the following themes:
- A fundamental understanding of heat stress events in South Asia.
- New approaches to climate modelling.
- Rossby wave packets and their role in shaping South Asian climate.
- IISER Intramural Grant, 2020: 15 lakhs
- DST Startup Grant 2020-2022: 30 lakhs
I am not actively looking for students right now. However, feel free to write to me if you find any of our work interesting!
Take a look at my publications and see if any topics interest you!